We’re looking for one individual or group aged 13-18 to create a brand new piece of music in response to the current climate emergency.
As part of the project you’ll receive a budget of £200, support from a professional musician, and the opportunity to record your work and perform it live.
- Create new music in response to the theme (this could be 2-3 short pieces or one longer piece) between November 2019 and March 2020
- Record your music professionally at Box Yard Studios in Manchester
- Showcase your work at our Sing City live night in March 2020
- Connect you with a professional musician who will guide and support you throughout the creative process
- Give you a budget of £200. This could be spent on:
- Field trips to spark creative ideas
- Artist fees (e.g. if you would like to bring in other people to work with you such as a band, AV artist, dancer or filmmaker)
- Equipment/instruments/materials needed to create and perform
Who it’s for
- Individuals or groups aged 13-18
- Based in Greater Manchester, Cheshire or Merseyside
Whether you see yourself as a composer, songwriter or producer, whether you use acoustic instruments or electronically generated sounds – we’re interested in hearing from musicians of all genres and backgrounds.
How to apply
Please complete a short online form* telling us a bit about yourself, your musical interests and experience, and why you are interested in this opportunity.
Deadline: Mon 11 Nov, 10am
For more information click here